The First Friday Webinar for November featured a timely talk as COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference in Glasgow continues. The discussion included the intersection between the climate, biodiversity and the pandemic and the importance of nature conservation, as well as what the zoo, aquarium and museum community can do to help. Also included was a quick overview of the new WCS campaign — #FramingOurFuture — which launched today! It’s an exciting partner-based campaign to educate and inspire the public to advocate for nature-based solutions in climate change policy and individual action through the power of zoos, aquariums, museums, and other partners.
The webinar featured special guest Sara Marinello, Vice President for Government & Community Affairs at Wildlife Conservation Society in conversation with Douglas Meyer, Strategic Advisor for Public Engagement at The Ocean Project.
Access the webinar recording here. You will need to copy and paste this password: Abh7a?=7
Here are some of the links circulated in the chat:
- A report on Public Support for International Climate Action, September 2021
- Some of the big news items from COP26:
- Press release on the WCS Framing our Future campaign
- Learn more here about the possibilities to encourage your representatives to join the Congressional Zoo & Aquarium Caucus.
- Keep in touch with the 30×30 community on the AZA network (for AZA members). Link here.
Remember to register for upcoming webinars! http://bit.ly/FirstFridayWebinars