Are you celebrating this June 8<sup>th</sup>?
World Oceans Day website for event lists, promotional materials, interaction with others around the world, and more!This new homepage is meant for the international World Oceans Day community to share their plans and ideas. The site features a brand new layout, easier navigation, and an emphasis on getting people around the world better connected to each other and the ocean. It is being translated into Spanish and French, and includes a Google translator widget on each page. We are looking for volunteers to help translate the site into other languages so please let us know if you can help.
Here’s a quick rundown of what you’ll find on the new website:
- Events – See the list of WOD events being held around the world. This is the most comprehensive WOD event listing on the web, organized by continent and country. Check out how the world is celebrating or submit your own event! We expect a surge in events listed in the coming weeks.
- Ideas – No WOD events yet happening in your community? Organize your own! Get inspired with a list of celebration ideas and resources, then submit your event to the international listing.
- Marketing Kit – Now that you have your event planned, you need to get the word out about it. The WOD marketing kit includes graphics for the web and print, in addition to documents like sample press releases. More items are being listed in the coming weeks. If you need any additional help with marketing materials, contact the WOD 2011 Coordinator, Alyssa Isakower.
- Dr. Seuss materials – Celebrate with Seuss! If you’re a partner of The Ocean Project you can download One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish themed graphics and activity manual for free.
- Blog – Stay updated on World Oceans Day news, organizing advice, and get involved with the WOD community through this blog.